Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Treasury

The famous site in the Indiana Jones movie… ta-daa! It is amazing to catch first glimpse of it as you make your way through the Siq. Nevermind that you may have seen photos, nevermind that you’re expecting this scene the whole way… cameras, even the profession movie type, just do not do it justice… it’s stunning to catch your first peek…

DSC07059

DSC07060

DSC06258

Depending on the angle of the light, or how close we got, the stone consisted of many colors. We arrived mid-day and the sun made the site glow like gold.

DSC06257

DSC06259

DSC06260

Posers.

DSC06262

Using Honor as a measure of scale… kids are handy to cart around for a variety of reasons.

DSC07063

looking down the road

DSC06263

and back to the entrance of the Siq

DSC06261

and as they say on TV (kinda fun to be back in the land of infomercials again) “But wait, there’s more!”

But you’ll have to wait. We are still on the road, on vacation, and are in-process of packing up to leave Fremont, heading down to Santa Cruz and Monterey… see ya on the boardwalk, scoring free samples of clam chowder (which I give to my husband as I can’t stand the stuff, I’m just nice that way!)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I have to show this to my eldest ASAP. She loves all things Indiana Jones and will be insanely jealous. The photos are fabulous and I hope we can do something similar some day!

Mama Seoul said...

I love Petra. Here's when we went:

http://cairomama.blogspot.com/2007/02/breastfeeding-all-over-world-petra.html

I am finally starting to recover from the homebirth at my house last weekend. It was crazy, but triumphant. Now, we are heading out for vacation as well.

Connie said...

Jen - I thought about searching for a video clip to link to, but my hotel connection was flaky and slow. Sorry ;D

Mama Seoul - I'll have to check out your photos too. I am behind on my blog reading (bad net and no time!) and will have to catch up with you... you are inspiring :)