Monday, July 1, 2013

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

I’ve been meaning to post this recipe for awhile. It’s a good one and I don’t want to lose it! Thanks to some new friends, who I promised the recipes to, I finally typed it up. I do not remember where I got the recipe, so can’t give proper credit, but below is the original with my changes. Enjoy!

 

Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup butter, softened

1 cup white sugar

1 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla

3 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

2 tsp hot water

1/2 tsp salt

2 cup chocolate chips

1 cup nuts

The above are the original ingredients. I usually do not add the nuts, and for the flour, instead of 3 cups flour, I substitute a mix 3-4 cups of almost half and half flour and coconut. This works well with the coconut we get here. It's drier. I haven't tried it with very fresh coconut.


Preheat oven to 350F

Cream together the butter and sugars. Add vanilla (powder or extract)

Beat in the eggs. (local eggs can be smaller than US eggs, adding a third is ok)

Dissolve baking powder in the water and add to the batter with the salt.

Stir in the flour mix.

Add chocolate chips.

Drop by the spoonful on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake about 10 minutes.

No comments: