Sunday, March 1, 2009

Why we do not need TV

or... a tiny sampling of what our life sounds like.

Honor was born with her own soundtrack and is always singing. Always. Unless she's asleep, but maybe she is singing in her dreams and we just cannot hear? Or, when she is talking, she might not be singing at the same time, but once that stops, the music is soon to start again.

Here she channels, I believe (because I really should not try to classify her) Arlo Guthrie with his Motorcycle Song, Pheobe from Friends as she sings Smelly Cat, and of course, Sponge Bob. She seemed to have been going for a serious folksy-blusey type improv, but had a hard time keeping a straight face (I couldn't resist giggling either). Yes, she is accompanying her singing with her own guitar music... she was sitting behind the couch where I could not video her well. As it was, I missed the best/first part of the song, but caught some of the end.

12 comments:

junglemama said...

The kids hovered around to watch Honor! IS that a real song or did she make it up?

Connie said...

It was completely made-up on the spot. She sang her version of the plot from the sponge bob 'Lost Identity' episode that she had just watched (linked above). I missed the first half of her song - I was laughing too hard to get the camera. She had a serious face, but she was being super goofy and knew it!

Simple Answer said...

Make a joyful noise! Can't ever go wrong!

Rachel said...

THAT IS REALLY COOL rachel

MsTypo said...

Honor is a girl after my own heart. I have long believed that life is a musical waiting happen and it looks like Honor may agree with me. :)

rachaelgking said...

So all I have to do to beat the Comcast bill is pop out a munchkin or two? ;-)

Adoramable!

Lydia said...

Nothin' wrong with singin' your heart out! We need to get a kid guitar!

Connie said...

Joyful noise indeed! And lots of it :D Often she sings more 'seriously' - she was complaining Sunday of not being able to properly remember the beat for the "I wanna walk like you, talk like you..." song from the Jungle Book. She has made me learn lyrics so I could teach her the proper words. We do live in a musical!

Lilu, um, sure, your Comcast bill might get lower, beyond that tho... hmm?? Let's just say it's easier to pay bills when you love your expense-bringers so much!

Lydia - nice kid guitar, JC Penney, $30

Kimmie said...

Wow, she certainly has a lot of plot in her little tune. Very creative and cute!

Kimmie
mama to 7
one homemade and 6 adopted

Nicole said...

That is awesome! Thank you for your kind words on my blog the other days. It means a lot to me.
My contest is ready, stop by and enter!

Brian said...

I liked the movie so much, and thanks for letting honor post a comment on my blog. love,Brian

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

I love it! Who needs tv when you have entertainment like that?