I've been tagged by Earth to Danie. She was tagged by a friend in the Netherlands, so she did this meme as an Indian version. I'll follow up with Egyptian style, and spread the word that this is a 'tag, you're it' with local flavor, please.
1) My friend and I took our daughters to a very nice salon for manicures today; the Egypt moment was maneuvering our SUV to park on one side of a tiny intersection, as a couple of kids parked their donkey cart on the other - about 15 feet away. You never know what to expect in traffic.
2) I am so spoiled with delivery everything. Pharmacy, wine, flowers, food, etc. Our kids will be shocked when we get home and find out McD's doesn't deliver in the US.
3) I don't like much of the food here. There's no spice! But I love the fresh baladi bread, and it's easy to find awesome coffees and teas just about anywhere.
4) The 'famous', ancient Egyptian artifacts and other touristy spots are cool, but I enjoy people watching, normal town scenes, and observing every day life even more. I've probably taken more photos out the car window, than at the sites.
5) I hate to shop - very tough condition to have in a place where everyone wants you to buy something.
6) I am an odd one out. Everyone is complaining about the weather getting hotter as summer approaches. I like the hot weather. Wish we had rain though.
Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you. Post the rules on your blog. Write six random things about yourself. Tag six people at the end of your post linking to their blog. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
And, although I hardly know anyone yet who blogs(!), I will pass this along to Lloyd, Cairo Mama (now in Seoul), and my super-blogging sister-in-law.