I found this on a blog "Earth to Danie" and decided to play. Cairo Mama, tag, you're it!
5) Name five things you love in your new country:
- The people are very friendly. Genuine 'proud hosts' - look past the 'grab the tourist dollar' attitude some have, and you can still see the real warmth and welcome.
- The overall atmosphere is relaxed and laid-back
- There is always something interesting to see
- The kids' school is wonderful
- Everyone delivers everything! Whenever, whatever, you want it.
4) Name four things that you miss from your native country:
- Good food - oh for some actual SPICE!
- Traffic laws
- Green lawns to walk barefoot in and CLEAN, fresh air to breathe.
3) Name three things that annoy you a bit (or much) in your new country:
- The people can be possessive and too friendly (There's even a T-shirt, "Go away, I only came to see the Pyramids"). Friendliness is ok, most of the time; but I have missed so much of tour guide presentations because locals want to talk to me, or pick up my kids, or whatever.
- Stop honking your horns!
- Stop littering. If people would stop tossing trash on the ground, the clean-up workers might actually stand a chance of catching up with it all. Imagine...
2)Name two things that surprise you (or have surprised you in the beginning) in your new country:
- How green it is for a desert city.
- How amazingly cosmopolitan it is, and how wide a variety of people live here.
1) Name one thing that you would terribly miss in your new country, if you had to leave it.
- The people.