Sunday, May 16, 2010

Baby doll

Poor Honor knocked out her loose tooth yesterday. It was more than ready to come out, but it was an unpleasant surprise anyway, and bled quite a lot as she bumped it in the bath and may have cut her gum a little. She handled it very well, at first. She got out of her bath, called me in, handed me the tooth, told me “Mom, I think we should call Daddy too.” (a 2-parent alarm!). Brad came in too, and we both helped her clean out her mouth. Then she got a bit teary and upset… it did bleed a lot, and she had wanted to pull it herself, who could blame her? So I comforted her as girls should be comforted… by dressing her up in a pretty flowery galebeya, a multicolor manicure, and new hairstyle! With ruffles, lace, and curls! She looked just like a pretty little doll … although the missing tooth added a mischievous tone!

DSC06696

This morning, she is back to normal. Kids camped out on the living room sofas, and got up early to play computer. Honor has been making a family to play in Sim2, and Brian is playing Chessmaster 9000. Lucky kids are off school today for an admin day, but I’ve got work to do, and Brad’s at the office like normal. Looks like a nice, quiet day at home – which is probably a good thing, I think it’s forecast to be a hot one today.

11 comments:

Bitsa Lit said...

awww! she has the most beautiful hair! I remember when I was little I had a biking accident and knocked out 2 teeth on the sidewalk lol... they were baby ones though!! Now I have to deal with wisdom teeth!

Connie said...

SeeThroughGreen - I think she has beautiful hair too, and it curled up so pretty! Brian also has gorgeous hair, but his has more red to it. Lucky kids! Fortunately her tooth was very ready to come out. I think the trauma was lack of control. I knocked out 2 teeth too when I was a kid! No kid should have to go through that!!! :p Of course, had I listened to mom and stayed off the top of the swingset, I'd have been just fine...

Limningedge said...

She is a cutie! I think it turned all right in the long run.

Connie said...

Yes, much much better today :)

Mama Seoul said...

So cute!

Eva's got a new hair style, too, but her teeth are still coming in, not going out, yet.

http://cairomama.blogspot.com/2010/05/pig-tails.html

A Daring Adventure said...

Your daughter is GORGEOUS.

Gorgeous. There's no other word.

And her beautiful, fluffy hair...

Divine.

She looks like a fairy tale princess!

Connie said...

Mama Seoul - She's getting teeth? Already?? I know, I know, she's growing up, but already?! I'm coming over to see her pony tails!

Daring Adventure - I MISSED you and am so glad Oakwood, or the Tigers, didn't eat you up! Thank you for confirming all my biases about my little girl :D

betty-NZ said...

She is so cute with her hair all curled up! Both kids are growing up before our virtual eyes!

Connie said...

Thanks Betty :) I can't believe how big they are getting - I love to watch them grow!

Expat Mom said...

She's beautiful! What a great way to cheer her up.

And a side note, do you have two fridges? Just looking at the background there. . .

Connie said...

Expat mom - Bias or not, I think she's beautiful too :) Thank you! She's missing both her top two teeth these days (2nd one came out the last day of school) and this morning she was going around the house, pulling her upper gum back to show her canines, "Look! I'm a vampire!" Perhaps I should dress her up in black and goth makeup and get another photo?!
Not two fridges, one is a fridge, the other is a freezer. About half of my fridge is used to hold bottles and containers of water... we drink a lot, and while we have a (definitely needed for health reasons) filter on the sink, it comes out of that tap quite warm, so we refill bottles and pack the fridge. Having a large freezer is helpful for buying in bulk. I can get 1-2 weeks of meat, bread, milk, etc. and freeze it. Saves gas and time. I am also trying to learn to cook things in bulk and freeze it... like chili. I'm not very good at this though. Usually I make a meal that will feed us 1 or 2 nights - it never lasts long enough to make freezable leftover meals! When I was a kid, my dad grew the vegetables we ate.. fresh from the garden in season, and we'd freeze the rest to last us through the winter.