Saturday, September 11, 2010

Nine Years Ago

I felt like writing a memorial piece today, but I am not sure what to say that hasn’t already been said. I remember the terrorist attacks of 9/11. I am sure others do too. Instead, I find myself thinking of my own family at that time. Selfish? Maybe, maybe not. We care, hurt, and remember the terror assaults of that day, because we empathize with the families who lost loved ones. That day, we held our own loved ones so much closer.

Brian was just a baby.

augupsidedown1

7mos old, just starting to crawl around and interact with his surroundings… and our cats

augbrianramsestalk

This is what I think of, my family, my day to day life. When I reflect on the losses of 9/11, I know I am blessed, every day, every time I hug my children or kiss my husband… and I hurt for those who have been forever deprived of this love.

image

No comments: