Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I see you...

Can't miss the noise, and there's no place to hide. You knocked down all the walls, brick by brick. Yep. I see you down there.
Hiding in the corner will do you no good.Not sure where you stashed the dump truck, but with that pile of rubble at the ready, I know it has to be around here somewhere. I keep telling everybody that you are working fast and hard, don't let me down.... dudes, I'm tired!I can still be sympathetic to the need to work at night - I do 'get it', I understand - but it is tough to get any sleep, and you woke up the little one last night. I have to admit that this empty lot sure was a pleasant sight from our balcony this morning.Now, will you please wait a while before you start RE-constructing anything?? Take a break. Go on vacation... say, until June? And then, can you work during the day?!!

4 comments:

Simple Answer said...

Oy. That hurts.

Diane Mandy said...

Oh my! This sounds dreadful.

Mama Seoul said...

Is that he same building you posted about a long time ago that they knocked down the top floor when they were almost finished?

Connie said...

Mama Seoul - nope, the one that they knocked giant holes in, they fixed - it's the one in the background. Here's a link to the post on it. The new work is on the house directly behind us, which has been an abandoned shell since we got here. Almost as soon as work was finished on the new building (still doing the interior) demolition started on the old one. I may complain about the noise now, but when we move and have no construction to watch out the window - what will I do? I've been enjoying this 'show' for over 4 years!