Monday, March 17, 2008

5 Green parakeets


Haven't been posting much because our internet is still incredible slow on uploads... has been since the cables were cut awhile back. I should try to get back on board though.

We've been busy, and have been enjoying the warmer weather. The tree are in bloom, and yesterday, as I walked home after dropping the kids at school, five rose-ringed parakeets flew over my head through the trees. This isn't my photo, I found it on-line somewhere when I was looking for the name of these birds. We see them all over, but generally up high in the trees and are hard to photograph.

2 comments:

junglemama said...

How cool is that? Are they native around there?

Connie said...

I do not think they are native, but have probably been here for a very long time. Like the flocks of parakeets in Florida, they fit in just fine. We saw them all over in Pakistan too. They are very cheerful birds.