Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Two Good Ways to Relax

One - Just chillin out, as Pumpkin demonstrates so well…

DSC01263

and Two - cooking with the help of a sweet daughter. Honor loves to help.

DSC09788

Our stove is on an obnoxious platform, 4-5”, which makes it higher than what I think safe for the kids to use (I burn myself, so I know they would), but it’s nice to have help with the food prep. Honor likes to make salads, and she is learning to help with bread dough too.

DSC01326

We made a good sized batch of dough, and with half of it we made mini sausage rolls. With the rest, we made fetayer. We didn’t use any specific recipe… just a bunch of spinach, spices, a bit of feta cheese, all rolled up in dough and baked. It is the BEST way to get my kids to devour spinach. Sorry, no photos of the finished rolls… as often happens with my cooking projects, the ‘evidence’ gets eaten before I remember the camera… 

4 comments:

Daniela Swider said...

What a great helper Honor is!

Connie said...

Thanks Daniela - I wish I could do more to teach her to use the stove too, but we're going to have to wait until we get one positioned properly! :)

Rachel said...

Honor is a big girl know!! Aunt Connie know you have a helper in your house..lol

Connie said...

Yes Rachel, she is a great (big!) help now :D