Friday, December 21, 2007

2-D Tree

So, what do you do with all those lovely crafts that the kids bring home from school during the holidays?




Since we've been in this apartment, each Christmas, I create an outline of a Christmas tree with yarn on one of the walls in the entry way. It makes a lovely place to display school crafts! We had been using the same paper star every year (I'd actually left it up on the wall year-round when we removed all of the other decorations because the kids liked it), but this year they wanted something new. Brian asked for an angel, so I got to play with construction paper. Brad says my angel looks more like a fairy, but you can tell she has the holiday spirit. Anyway, it makes the entry very festive, and the plain white walls very colorful, and as you know, we love our walls! (at least Honor does).



We're also thinking that next year, we'll skip the presents and just get the kids big boxes to play with.


1 comment:

junglemama said...

I'm with you on the boxes. Our kids just love them.

I really like the Christmas tree idea. Now if only we had a free wall.....