Saturday, December 15, 2007

Cooking

The kids have really taken an interest in helping me in the kitchen. I feel that Brian is now tall enough to work with me at the stove some, but not Honor... she is getting good with the microwave though. I get Brian to read recipes and instructions now too. Both help me find ingredients, measure, stir, etc. I also enjoy their help in planning meals. It gives us a great opportunity to talk about basic nutrition and about different foods. We also find that we can do kitchen math when we double recipes or otherwise alter the called for ingredients. The kids also clean and polish the table, set it, and pour drinks.. a little tough for Honor to handle still, but she's getting there. The less favorite job is clean-up beyond the basic "scrape your plate and put it in the dishwasher", but they are getting more responsible for that too.






1 comment: