Thursday, December 18, 2008

Where is Santa?

When we were young, my Dad used to take us outside on Christmas Eve to look for Santa... we would look and look around the dark night sky, and eventually we would find some little red light off in the distance, and Dad would say... uh oh! I can't tell, but that might be Santa! Better go get in bed and go to sleep as fast as you can!

That was so old tech! Nowadays, kids can look to NORAD's eye-in-the-sky Santa-cams to find out exactly where Santa is, and to see a little bit of what he sees as he makes his way around the world.


I can sit our kids down at the computer, and we can watch precisely where Santa is at any given time. We know that when he hits Cairo and takes a spin around the pyramids, the kids will only have a short time to go to hop in bed and get to sleep before Santa makes his way to our apartment. Santa likes to visit the local sights, and fortunately the videos of his passing by your neighborhood will be available in the morning too.

btw, if you have not heard the history of "NORAD tracks Santa", check out the website - "About NORAD" - "Why we track Santa". Happy Holidays!

4 comments:

MsTypo said...

The story of why they track Santa is so sweet! I like that a gruff military man fulfilled the wishes of children and started this tradition. *sniff*

Simple Answer said...

"Home" is at the base of Cheyenne Mountain - the location of Norad. I actually met the woman who is in charge of tracking Santa. It has been so fun for me to know that people all over the world take part in something that feels like home to me.

Rachel said...

That is cool Aunt Connie. I've never heard of that website but I will go on it. Tell Brian and Honor I wish them a Merry Christmas.

rachaelgking said...

Aww, that is SO wonderful! I can't wait to show all my cousins on Christmas Eve. Thanks!