Friday, November 14, 2008

Four Foods on Friday 55

I have to say, this meme is addictive. These week is about traditional Thanksgiving foods.

#1. Stuffing. Boxed or from scratch?
I usually use boxed as a base, and go from there. Add broth from the turkey. Onions. Celery. Mushrooms. Sometimes even giblet bits.

#2. If you were served the perfect Thanksgiving dinner what would it be?
Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, rolls, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, with pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie (with pecan topping) as desert.

#3. What’s your favorite Thanksgiving leftover?
Turkey.

#4. Share a recipe using turkey.
One of my favorite ways to have leftover turkey is a very simple sandwich. Lightly toasted bread. Light spread of Miracle Whip. Turkey. Salt. That's it... want one now... turkey is frozen... sigh..

7 comments:

MsTypo said...

This week's Four Foods has me totally craving thanksgiving!!! I think we even have one box of Stove Top left from home leave to get me through the hump until the big day.

I want turkey! :p

Simple Answer said...

I have a friend who is going back to the States for a week. I've begged him to just try to bring me a bag of fresh cranberries. I think he has to go through Europe though...so they might be thrown out. But I've got my fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

LOL Sounds like you need that sandwich now!

Anonymous said...

Turkey, Miracle Whip and salt is the perfect food combination.

Anonymous said...

happy thanksgiving :)

Anonymous said...

That's my kind to turkey sandwich, only I would add a little bit of pepper with the salt.

Anonymous said...

We're having Thanksgiving dinner at a restaurant this year for the first time ever. This meme is making me regret that decision!